Voluntary Parent Support Programs:
- Parents and Children Together (PACT) -
Parenting support program for families headed by parents with
- Welcome Baby - Home visitation for first-time
Web Page: www.centerforfamilies.org
- PACT - Carol Christopher
Telephone number: 608-241-3434 Ext. 14
- Welcome Baby - Kathleen Nolen
Telephone number: 608-241-3434 Ext. 11
service: 21 years
Hours of operation: 8:30am
to 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday
Size of staff: 15
Average cost of service is:
Free to eligible families.
Funded by: Various Sources:
National Exchange Club, United Way of Dane County, Children's Trust
Fund, Child Abuse Prevention Fund, Dane County Human Services, Planned
Giving Program, Community Donations.
Average length of service is:
PACT - up until child turns 18 years old. Welcome Baby - 2 years.
Intake procedure is: Call
to make referral at 608-241-3434. Referral form will be faxed or
sent. Documentation of disability for PACT referrals required.
Target population is:
- PACT - Parents with young children who
have cognitive limitations.
- Welcome Baby - First time parents at risk
for child abuse.
- PACT - Parent must have a documented cognitive
- Welcome Baby - Must be first time parent,
with a child under 6 months.
back to top | back
to agency list | contact